Redlands University named one of ‘Best in the West’
Newswise – The University of Redlands was recently named one of the top universities by several leading organizations including Washington Monthly and US News & World Report. These thanks are good news for the private liberal arts and professional school, which is returning to face-to-face classes.
“These recognitions highlight the long history of passion, dedication and expertise of our faculty and staff, as well as the talent, diversity and commitment of our students,” said the President of the Krista Newkirk University. “Inspired by what we have accomplished, we will now aspire to achieve new goals both academic and community. “
- US News & World Report 2022 Top Colleges Ranking recognized University of Redlands as Best Value in the West (# 4) and Best Regional University in the West (# 6). Redlands was also named Best College for Veterans (# 17).
- The Washington Monthly ranked the University of Redlands in the top six percent of its 2021 ranking of top national masters universities on the basis of “contribution to the public good in three broad categories: social mobility, research and promotion. of public service ”.
- The University of Redlands was included in the 30th edition of the Princeton Review “The Best 387 Colleges”. Based on student surveys that highlight eight broad areas including academics, quality of life and campus life, Redlands was one of 30 California colleges to make the list.
- Redlands University was also named the 2021-2022 College of Distinction, for providing an undergraduate experience “grounded in a philosophy of well-balanced and individualized engagement.” The University has also received special recognition in business, education, career development, equity and inclusion, and military support “for college programs that are comprehensive not only in the material of courses but also in the development of practical and soft skills … with many opportunities for real global application.
- The University of Redlands is featured in the 2022 edition of the popular Fiske College Guide, which features profiles of over 300 of the “best and most interesting” colleges in the country. According to Fiske, at the University of Redlands “interaction with faculty is common and camaraderie is abundant.”
Newkirk, who assumed the presidency of the U of R in July 2021, said: “These accolades highlight just a few of the reasons Redlands University is such a powerhouse in higher education. “